Saturday, September 17, 2011

Another Beetle for a Birthday

I just love this little beetle car stamp from Hero Arts. I made this card for my niece's birthday. I used some Bella Blvd patterned papers and Basic Grey paper.  Aren't the trees in the background cute? :)  I used a craft knife to cut out the windows of the car and then glued acetate on so it looks like real windows. ha!  I wanted the balloon to look like it was floating away into the sky. And I added some faux stitching to the road.


Hope you're having a great weekend!  Thanks for dropping by. :)

supplies: Hero Arts stamps, Bella Blvd paper, PaperTrey Ink cloud die cut, EK Success border punch

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute and a great scene! Love you how used the pp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun & happy card! love the PP'd car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute scene card, Kathy! It really makes me smile! Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! Your beetle card is absolutely adorable- love the paper piercing!! I got to see your decorated tray at Scrapfest- it was so amaingly beautiful in real life- and yes I voted for it- I hope you win!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a fun card, Kathy! And I love that tiny balloon floating in the air! Great trick inserting the acetate as the windows!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments!