Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Older Stamps & Birthdays...

I needed a birthday card for my oldest brother, so I decided to play with one of my older Hero Arts stamps.  I embossed the Birthday image in white and then used distress inks to ink it up.  I stamped the cupcake, colored it in with Copics and added some Glossy Accents to the heart. Added a little ribbon and it was good to go. Addressed and sent already.  :)


Hope you have a great week! I can't believe it's already November. I'm looking forward to the time change this weekend because then it will be a bit lighter in the early mornings.  Makes it easier to get up and get to work. :)

supplies: Hero Arts stamps, American Crafts ribbon, Making Memories mini staples, Glossy Accents, Copic markers

6 comments:

  1. I love the background! Perfect for a guy! I always sorta dread the time changes, with little kids it's always risky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the time change, Kathy! Unfortunately, the brighter mornings don't last very long! Love your card today! Perfect for a guy! Wonderful colors in the background and your cupcake is so cute with the glossy heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background for the cupcake iamge!! Love your distressing and the colors are so perfect for a guy!!I may CASE this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, Love your beautiful card. Love how you embossed this birthday stamp and then distressed it with distressing ink. The cupcake is perfect. Great job. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Such a classic BG stamp and I don't even have that one! Putting it on my wish list. Is that when it gets lighter in the mornings? Yes! I can never remember which season is which...right now, C walks out to go to school and he keeps saying, "night time"! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh... very pretty card, Kathy!
    The colors in the background are so beautiful. :) I can't believe it's already November either. Sooo crazy how time goes by so quickly. LoL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments!