Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hexagon Heaven!

Hexagons are all the rage now, aren't they? I just got a new hexagon die from Sizzix (as a gift - thanks to my in-laws!) and I love it!  I went right to my craft space and came up with this card.  :)  I also really like this My Mind's Eye "fine and dandy" 6x6 patterned paper pad. The sentiment is from this Hero Arts set. I kept the sentiment and embellishments very simple on this card since the hexagons are the main focal point.


Thanks for stopping by. We're still having very nice spring weather here and I love it! :)  Hope you're having a great week!

supplies: Hero Arts stamp, Sizzix die, Sew Easy twine, Hero Hues gem, TH distress ink

15 comments:

  1. This is also a great way to use up scraps, well done, its such a pretty card Kathy, I have been busy lately and so have had a peek at your latest creations , you are making some FAB cards
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delightful!! You put your new toy into great use, Kathy!! Love the background that you created with Hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous paper choices, Kathy! What a fun design - it turned out beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I am seeing Hexagons a lot lately and I love them! Your card is a great example. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love to see what you've done with the hexagons! :>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have created with the hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, beautiful card--love your choice of colors and your design is awesome. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just saw your card on the CREATE blog! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got it too...... the die that is... I then embossed an image and cut it and then tried to sew it... broke my sewing machine! Have yet to actually make something with it! LOL! Off to check out the CREATE Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, I can see why you love that die! Great card!!! What a great way to use up scraps of patterned paper, too...you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's fabulous Kathy! Love that paper and your gorgeous design! I am also loving Hexagons and just received a stamp set from The Crafts' Meow, so now I can play too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so wonderful- love the hexagon design and those papers are fabulous Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are, as they say, "cutting edge" with this card, Kathy! Love the use of papers and fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous, Kathy! I love all the patterns you used. And congrats on the Create blog feature!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous, Kathy! I love my hexagon die, too, but I have the 1" one and need the 0.75" one, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comments!